SEO Blog - Internet marketing news and views

The end of the internet as we know it by 2012

Written by David Harry
Monday, 02 June 2008 12:04

Prophecy or Conspiracy theory?

Well here I was strolling through my day and to my surprise, it all may be meaningless in a few years. I Stumbled across a fairly frightening view of where the future of the internet is headed. The video below describes the internet of the future as a subscription model much like cable/satellite television where you pay to access different sites in packages and further fees apply when you want to go outside of those access points.

Here’s the video –

from Ning.com

the Future of the Internet?

Now, while it is a tad scary, why wouldn’t some company such as Google or Microsoft want to leap at the chance to get into the ISP business and offer unlimited access to larger web? Is this fear mongering, conspiracy theory, or a sign of things to come?

Thoughts?

Comments

0 # Stephen Austin 2008-06-03 05:46
I used the title 'conspiracy theory' but perhaps that's a little too respectful. This is just one of those silly rumours that start up from time to time; and like all 'good' urban legends there's just enough verisimilitude to make it believable.
The internet is already crowded with advertising and the ethos of open source software and information will ensure the internet remains free.

0 # Dave 2008-06-03 07:02
Hey - these guys are very intense about it all, but like yourself, I can't see it.

As I was saying, it would merely take one provider to not play along to make the enture house f cards come crashing down.

I'd imagine companies such as Google or Microsoft would LOVE to jump in and offer 'old school' access and the whole thing comes apart....

Maybe it's just some great link bait? Who knows these days ....

0 # Nick James 2008-06-03 08:37
I think that girl's top is cut way too low for it to be anything other than linkbait :P

However, if it is true then it's the start jump-off point for scary times ahead.

0 # Dave 2008-06-03 08:54
lol... considering my wife occassionally reads my blog... I'll be leaving that one alone :woohoo:

Boob Bait?

It really is a curious story and I am going to try and keep an eye on it.

Strange how some folks looking to 'get the word out' don't even have comment areas on the post... nor any Social buttons...

Do they even know how/what link bait is?

0 # Jaan Kanellis 2008-06-03 16:53
I recognize most of those people. They are nothing more than YouTube spammers and baiters, blabbing about how they rule World of Warcraft on their home made videos. I see them on YouTube Top Viewed videos list all of the time because they get up there by gamming the system.

0 # Dave 2008-06-03 18:01
Hey Jaan... more conspiracy bait then... Guess it shows you how often i am around uTube huh?

Are they really 'gaming' the system though if this is the case? One mans conspiracy theory is another's entertainment.

Fiction or reality there is certainly some holes in the concept... :woohoo:

0 # Luuk 2008-06-04 12:04
i certainly dont believe this stuff, i mean, why would all of the providers make a conspiracy? if thats so, i will start my own providing and become richer than google and microsoft :P

0 # Dave 2008-06-04 13:37
Yup... the concensus seems to be that one way or the other, it's a pile o steaming crapola!..

Another Urban myth....

0 # Guest 2008-06-04 16:59
Character problem. empty comment

0 # Jaan Kanellis 2008-06-04 22:35
Guys and gals just go and look at the tags of the video:

sexy horny athene paladin chiren tania derveaux lindsey beating teenage girl fight ipower gta gta4 dance sex

uuhhh, yeah right. Nice video dorks.

0 # Jaan Kanellis 2008-06-04 22:42
Here is another video link by them:

LOSERS!

0 # Matt Davies 2008-06-06 08:05
Yeah, that they just happened to choose the particular frame where that massive rack was on display made me pretty suspicious too. I'm no more convinced having watched the clip!

0 # Matt Davies 2008-06-06 08:11
Hahahaha, I just watch a few more of the clips, thanks for the link Jaan.

It's well funny how they get so many views by including the hot girl in each video for about 2 seconds and showing those frames in the preview box.

Still, they come across as proper dicks.

0 # rosh 2008-09-17 02:50
where did these guys come from? the "stereotypical internet user" store?

the ginger guy spat too. kind of more gross than imagining that we're going to go back to living within AOL or something similar. it took me ages to convince my mom we didn't need a safe portal.

Security code
Refresh

Search the Site

SEO Training

Tools of the Trade

Banner
Banner
Banner

On Twitter

Site Designed by Verve Developments.