Written by David Harry
Wednesday, 26 August 2009 23:19
In our last poll we asked everyone; Do you use reciprocal links in your SEO programs - the result was a resounding NO to that one. Here's the breakdown on it;
- 74% - No I don't see value in them any more
- 9.1% - Yes I actively seek out link partners
- 6.5% - Yes but covertly instead of 'link' pages
- 6.5% - No I am worried about getting smacked
- 3.9% - Yes but I use 3-4 way link programs
That's a pretty definitive answer on that one... it seems that most of the readership of the Trail have no use for them these days. I suppose it is worth noting that 15% still do them... but few play with 3-4 way trickery. I suppose if I covertly arranged link drops with a page that was FAR more authoritative than mine, and passed greater juice, I might consider it, but generally speaking I feel there are better ways to go about link programs these days...
What say you?
This week we're talking analytics and the question is; Do you trust analytics programs? - so why not head over, check the early results and cast your vote?